Expert Consult is an online collection of best-selling reference titles across a wide range of medical and surgical specialties. Combining authoritative, world-class book content with full-search functionality and many additional online features, Expert Consult is one of the most efficient tools available to health care professionals today.
Even if you don't own an Expert Consult title, you can still benefit from many of the features found on the website:
- Search: You can search across the full library of books available online. Simply go to the home page and enter what you're looking for in the search box.
- Preview: Take a look at any book online. Preview mode enables you to view limited content from every chapter, or even some complete chapters. Simply click the Preview button on your desired book.
- View Available Titles: See what titles are available now, and also what's Coming Soon.
- View Online References: All references are free to view for all of our titles, including links to MEDLINE. Locate the book from the list of available titles, click on the Preview button, and then use the Table of Contents to navigate to and view the references at the end of each chapter.
- Take a Free Trial: Contact us to request a 1-day free trial of any of our titles *
When you register and activate your book on Expert Consult, you gain access to the complete, fully searchable contents of that reference online:
- Find guidance and clinical answers quickly.
- Follow links from bibliographical citations to the corresponding MEDLINE abstracts.
- Consult your book from any computer, anywhere in the world.
- Build an online library of all your favorite medical titles.
Selected books on Expert Consult offer upgrades to Premium content, which includes access to the fully searchable text online plus one or more of the following:
- Regular updates: These summaries of recent journal articles or other late-breaking literature allow you to easily keep current with all of the newest developments in your field.
- Full image library online: This includes all of the book's images, organized by chapter, in a user-friendly format, allowing you to search for what you want and then either save any images into a virtual "Light Box" or straight into a PowerPoint presentation.
- Videos: Key procedures are demonstrated in both animations and video, with audio voiceovers, so you can really see key techniques and hear them explained step by step.
- Drug database: Access drug information by indications, contraindications, and adverse reactions. Powered by Gold Standard, the leading developer of drug information.
- Self-assessment questions: Standard exam-type questions facilitate board review or offer a convenient refresher on the latest knowledge.
Expert Consult is easy and convenient to use. Choose what you would like to do:
Expert Consult titles offer you a vast array of expert knowledge across many specialties, all at the click of your mouse.
Expert Consult is part of Elsevier Ltd., the world's leading publisher of science and health information, Elsevier serves more than 30 million scientists, students, and health and information professionals worldwide.
Back to Expert Consult.